In the late 1870’s, a small group of Christians wanted to provide a Sunday School in the Dovercourt and Queen area in order to serve the growing number of children and adults in the community. The group would grow and establish Dovercourt Road Baptist Church in 1879. The first building was located at the corner of Dovercourt & Argyle and still stands today.
In 1974, under the Dovercourt Baptist Foundation, a new church building (now called Dovercourt Baptist Church) and a seniors’ residence (New Horizons Tower) were officially opened at our present location at Bloor and Dufferin.
Dovercourt Baptist Church is part of The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada, an association of over 500 churches.